Sunday, October 28, 2007

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

I'm sort of freaking out right now. I have so much going on. I have all kinds of papers due this week. We're doing a one-week non-stop (170 hour) prayer meeting at church, and I really ought to cover some of the time slots. Plus I would really like to find a job so that Diana can come back home with the kids, which she really really wants. I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. And I have to figure out how to pay for all these classes (and the rest of the books I need... and the rest of our bills... you know how it goes).

And on top of it all, I have this crazy feeling like I really ought to go to SBL in San Diego in a few weeks. It seems absurd, but, I don't know. I'll gladly take donations. Second best would be advice on how to get really good deals to make it happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out www.spiritair.com for deals on airline tickets. Michael uses them all the time.

Chris Tilling said...

I hope you manage! It will be my first time too

Ryan Jones said...

Jake,
Thanks for the info.

Chris,
Yeah, I've been thinking about it a lot the past few days. My classes are even cancled because my professors are going, so gee, seems like I should go. If not, maybe I'll punt and go to a regional conference instead.