Friday, May 04, 2007

There is a fun little online test Which theologian are you? Of all the tests like this I have taken, this one seems the best so far.

I scored as Jürgen Moltmann. The problem of evil is central to my thought, and only a crucified God can show that God is not indifferent to human suffering. Christian discipleship means identifying with suffering but also anticipating the new creation of all things that God will bring about.

Jürgen Moltmann

67%

Charles Finney

67%

Anselm

53%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

47%

Karl Barth

27%

John Calvin

27%

Paul Tillich

27%

Jonathan Edwards

20%

Augustine

13%

Martin Luther

13%

The test made me choose a tiebreaker between Moltmann and Finney in order to choose a winner, but I think they're probably both equal. I might have more points of agreement with Schleiermacher than Barth, but I would weight my agreement with Barth higher than Schleirmacher. Similarly, my agreements with Edwards are more important than my agreements with Tillich, so I would like to swap those. Let's leave Augustine at the bottom of the list. I'm surprised Luther came out so low, since I have such a respect for him, but I'm probably too influenced by the New Perspective on Paul.


created with QuizFarm.com

1 comment:

Agatha P said...

This is awesomee